Hey gang!
We've been busy here in Antigua, and are now off to the second part of our Guatemala adventures. Let me recap this week a bit:
I continued language study and now have reached the proficiency of a 2 year old, so I'm pretty pumped about that milestone. We met the couple we will be helping out in our next town and spent the day together on Sunday. During our meal we discovered that they are the great aunt and uncle of my former student at Jim Elliot School which was a hilarious development... it is a small world after all. Hey, that's catchy... I should write a song!
Tuesday night we had dinner with Seth and his wife, who work in leadership with Students International in Antigua, Guatemala. Seth and I were in the education program together at Bethel, and grew up about 30 miles apart, so it was great to reminisce about the Land of 10,000 Lakes, and the best college in all of sport. (N8r, that's for you.)
Saturday is Nick's birthday and we'll likely go out this evening for some pasteles y helados (cake and ice cream, I hope). Feel free to flood his email with happy greetings. His actual birthday will be a day in transit, so I'm going to try to see if I can lead the bus in a hearty rendition of “Feliz Cumpleanos a ti”. Early tomorrow morning we'll be leaving for Huehuetenango, so we we would appreciate your prayers.
Specifically, prayer that the kindly taxi man would remember to come at 5am and pick us up to drive us to Guatemala City, where we'll pick up a bus. Then, prayer for the four hour trip to Huehue. The roads are less than desirable, we hear. I believe we're taking a pretty reputable bus line. There are plenty of pieces that need to fall into place, so I'm telling myself to take a chill pill or two, and we're just going to try to relax and trust God to work it out. Hmm... I have the cheesy KLOVE song in my head: “Somebody's praying me through...” :)
We are fairly sure that we have internet access at our next place, so we'll do our best to let you know how things are going! Maybe we'll even include a video clip from our bus ride if it is fun and exciting.
Please... someone drink a cozy warm cup of tangy apple cider in a glass in my stead. I'll pay you back by eating a warm plate of black beans in your honor. Pretty sure I'll be doing that anyways! Bring it on, legumes.
No comments:
Post a Comment