Tuesday, September 14, 2010

We're here!

We arrived safely in Guatemala and survived the friendly shuttle service to the colonial city of Antigua de Guatemala.  We'll have more to say soon, but as Anna is writing this, the marching band is warming up for the parade tomorrow and she can hardly think, let alone type.  Hand me a xylophone and I'm pretty sure I could bang out the melody pretty well by now!  Tomorrow is Guatemala Independence Day, and estudiantes all over the city are getting ready.
Ever seen the SNL sketch with Chris Farley on the Japanese game show?  Yeah, that's me.  I seriously walk around all day and people say things to me (friendly folk, all of them) and all I can do is look a wee bit flustered and say, "Uh, I don't speak your language!  I'm not sure what to do right now... uh, me llamo Anna?"  My teacher was laughing because I can't even remember the name of the country I come from.  Lame.
So anywho, we've got to head to la casa a comer.  I'm starving.  I WILL learn the words I need to survive.
Love you all...

1 comment:

  1. Anna I am sure you are a stud in language school, just remember that you can't possibly become fluent in one day so be proud of yourself for what you have learned, not what you still don't know. Have you eaten any fresh Pina yet?
    Nick, I am so jealous

    ReplyDelete