We're 48 hours away from departure! Pretty crazy to think about. Little by little these last weeks have been filled with a lot of activity. We moved out of our apartment with most of our earthly goods making it into a 10 by 10 storage space, and the remainder into the basement of Nick's parents. My car has found a temporary home, and the good ole Jeep is hopefully being retired today from active service. So, doing the math, I now have a key. A key. One. The load is lightening, but I'm not going to pretend that there were no tears of sadness as I packed away my tea cups and cook books and teacher plan books and winter Sorel boots, unsure of exactly when I'll see them again.
I, Anna, have a problem with wanting an adventure, but being so uncomfortable with change at the same time. I remember when I moved out to Colorado... so many friends remarked about how great an adventure I would have in the Rockies. Yet I remember that the transition to a new home, environment, and culture was anything but easy.
All of us mourn losses, great and small, daily. To some, the thought of three months in Latin America would be nothing but delightful. And we are excited! And we will bring you along for the ride as we discover and serve. But as we say goodbye to our stuff and our culture and homeland and more importantly, our PEOPLE, we mourn those losses.
Thanks for reading. Thanks for being our buddies, our partners, our encouragers as we take off. That's all for now... gotta conquer the to-do list!
Oh the adventures...I hope you guys are having fun, looking at other mountains and enjoying the slower pace down there:) Enjoy it for me also!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to follow your adventure! They are so blessed to have you--and you will be blessed for serving! Can't wait to hear all about it! Praying for you and wishing for you all the best!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your honesty, Anna. Linda and I just returned from our own adventure in Belize (with lots of surprises) and will be following your travels closely. A chance to encounter other peoples and cultures but also reflect on our own. May you see God throughout!
ReplyDelete