Today the milestones at the hospital were that Ada received a little bath - yaay! - and got the bandage on her tummy from the drain tube removed. Also, two sensors on her forehead and above her kidney were removed, so at this point, she just has one IV line and is receiving oxygen, in addition to the stickers on her chest to measure heart rate, breathing, and her oxygen levels. She's becoming more and more free!
We've been able to hold her a bit and snuggle, which is of course the very best, though she still is seeming to be experiencing quite a bit of pain and this morning was particularly tough for her. Please pray for her in the pain and also for eating, as she has not eaten too much in the last couple of days and at some point that may catch up to her. I can imagine not wanting to eat too much after such a major surgery.
Nick and I continue to be pretty wiped out, since there is so much traffic through the room from hospital staff, day and night. All necessary, of course, but it makes for an ineffective sleeping environment. If I played the glad game, I'd just be glad that we both can be here together, helping our baby in these days.
So good night for now, which of course doesn't mean that I'm actually going to bed, but I'm headed over to Ada's to scoop her up and snuggle for awhile.
So grateful for your love, your concern, your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment