Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday night

A couple of days have gone by, so time for an update!  Saturday ended up being pretty intense, hence the lack of update!  Life in a hospital is anything but restful, we are finding.  Not only are the nights hard and far too short, the days can be pretty tough as well, juggling meds, checking BP and vital signs, EKGs, echocardiogram, chest xrays, blood draws, visitors, baths, feedings, pumpings, talking with nurses and hospital staff.... and clowns.  Yes, today a clown stopped by to entertain Ada and the other kids on the floor.  Good thing she was napping so that us adults had the undivided attention of the clown.  Much like the evening before and the yellow lab sent in to greet sweet Ada.  And yes, I did make up the breed of the dog, not being much of a fan of the species myself.  Don't worry, I was gracious and gave him a few pats on the head as a reward for taking time out of his busy schedule to visit the patients at Children's.  Okay, I'll stop now before I get myself in too much trouble!  I love too many dog-lovers!
But Ada had a good night last night and today was also a good day.  This morning her NG tube was removed, and she has had a day full of good or great feedings, praise the Lord!  We won't know until tomorrow, but it looks like we may be discharged sometime in the afternoon!  Ada will likely go home with oxygen, as the two times today that they tried to wean her from it were not successful.  But the end of our hospital stay is definitely in sight.  I am so excited to get Ada home to our cozy little apartment with a fireplace, tasty home-cooked meals, and uninterrupted naptimes!
Nick and I would both say that these days have been so surreal, and very much a blur.  I left the hospital for the first time all week last evening for a coffee date with my mom, and it was so strange to go out into a world that keeps moving.  It is ridiculous to think that Thanksgiving is this week, but I am so grateful for so many things.  We'll write again when we are safe and sound at home, perhaps tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a week!! I am so grateful to our Father that things are going well, and you may be even ready to go home!! Praying lots this week. I was in giving blood yesterday, and I am O-, which is baby blood, and they put a big label on the bag that said "BABY only" which made me remember Ada and whatever little baby will get the blood, and it was a perfect time to spend praying for you all. Sweet dreams!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete