Thursday, November 10, 2011
It is fall - or fall into winter - I am rediscovering parts of my wardrobe that haven't been touched in months and months. And I love fall and bundling up and drinking warm spicy drinks and sitting by campfires. Or this year we have the benefit of living in an apartment with a gas fireplace. One flick of the switch and I have delicious ambiance. I love it. This above photo was taken by Nick's uncle Joe, with 4 month old Ada. It was a delightfully crisp Saturday morning, and the park was the perfect place to be for a photo shoot. We know that, because there were a number of other photographers capturing their special treasures on film.
Tomorrow we go in for the pre-op visit at Children's Hospital. We have already met with the surgeon once, so we will talk instead to another "fellow" at the hospital to ask details about the surgery. This week we took care of getting Ada's chest x-ray and blood work done, so I think/hope that the visit will be as painless as possible for Ada, and thus for all of us.
I think that I discovered my coping mechanism this morning as I was IRONING A TABLE RUNNER. Which I never do. Ironing in general ranks up there with dusting as household chores I opt out of. No need! But today I have been on a busy, cleaning raid of our apartment, which I suppose is a fairly helpful coping mechanism. Could be worse. But we're staying busy, staying occupied. I have had daily moments of losing it, getting overwhelmed with fear or sadness. And at the same time, I have had daily reminders of the care the Lord provides for us in the midst of a hard season. He is caring for us through His people and I am grateful.
A couple specific prayer requests would be for Ada's health in these next few days, as we are attempting to keep her from little germies that would halt or postpone the surgery. She is fine, doing well, in fact, though she had an elevated white blood cell count (I think), which may have been from fighting off a virus of some sort earlier on. In any case, please pray. And stay away from us if you are sick. :) Also, my parents will be driving out on Sunday and early Monday to be here at the time of the surgery, so please pray for "travelling mercies", as I hear them called.
Here we go, folks.... aaah! I'll include another picture of our baby girl.
"Children of the heavenly Father, safely in His bosom gather; Nestling bird nor star in heaven Such a refuge e'er was given." -Lina Sandell
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love her. Love you. LOVE that you clean as a coping mechanism :) If only my coping mechanisms were so productive...
ReplyDeletePraying for you all.
I am praying today for a smooth pre-op and for your parents' journey here. I pray that God will give you all a supernatural peace and calm as you get ready for Monday and that all of you will feel God's arms around everyone. Love the quote at the end, now I have swedish going on in my mind!! Love you all, Karen
ReplyDelete